Hi, I’m Tommy Marshall, full-stack engineer.
Parafin, Senior Product Engineer (November 2022 – Present)
Building products and experiences that enable small businesses to flourish. Helping lead a team of frontend engineers by instituting best practices such as end-to-end testing, package reuse, error handling, improved UX and accessibility.
Coinbase, Senior Software Engineer (March 2022 – November 2022)
Building full-stack for the web and mobile (react-native) frontend and graphql backend internal and external products seen by millions of users each day. Mentored multiple interns and hosted technical interviews.
Medallia, Staff Software Engineer (April 2017 – March 2022)
Led engineering teams by improving processes, workflow, tech architecture, mentoring and writing code. On a small team tasked with building awesome interfaces writing TypeScript using React, GraphQL, and other technologies and tools.
Viget, Front-End Developer (January 2012 – April 2017)
Built out design comps in Photoshop/Illustrator and integrating with PHP and Rails-based applications and CMS’s. Because of my full-stack expertise, I was often the lead developer on projects requiring configuration of CMS’s.
Sire Studios, Inc., Co-Founder (May 2008 – January 2012)
Led all web development efforts, including building out custom designed comps into HTML/CSS files and integrating into WordPress CMS. Responsible for maintaining over 35 client sites and technical needs of the business.
George Mason University, 2011
B.S. Economics with a Minor in Information Technology
- 15+ years experience owning projects end-to-end utilizing multiple programming languages (Node/JS, PHP/Laravel, Ruby/Rails) and tech stacks (Vercel / Netlify, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS ecosystem, all the things).
- Expert proficiency in Frontend languages (HTML, CSS, JS/TypeScript), methodologies (a11y, w3c, i18n and l10n, performance optimization, responsive and progressive web apps), and frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte, Next, Gatsby, Tailwind, Stortybook, etc).
- Proficient in Back-End technologies and architectures having to handle scaling, performance, and utilize third-party services.
- Interviewing technical candidates and mentoring and on-boarding new team members.
- Strong ability and comfort working with large teams and multiple engineering and product workflows and deployment strategies.
From concept to execution, these projects showcase my passion for using the web to solve real problems while staying creative and up-to-date using the best tech the web has to offer. All of my projects take advantage of Github, Google Analytics, CloudFlare, Rollbar, and Digital Ocean services, to name a few.
Service to easily embed a visual indicator for what breakpoint a browser is currently viewing a page at.
Group reminder service that uses texting to keep you and your friends accountable. Built on Laravel utilizing Twilio for texting and Pusher for websocket events.